HELP

Our new ward has this thing they do every year. Each month a different couple hosts dinner for a few other couples in there home. It gives everyone a chance to socialize with out the kids. November is my month to host and I need help with ideas. What do I serve 2 weeks before Thanksgiving? Dinner and desert. Also we are in charge of the activity at our house that night. What should we do? I know how creative all of you are out there, so please help me because I am lacking in that department. Thanks

4 comments:

The Acosta Family 8:58 AM  

I wish I had some ideas, but I am not one of those creative people you know out there. You could cook in the crockpot and then a sheath cake or something for dessert. You could play apples to apples or scattegories for the activity.

Maren 1:00 PM  

I just discovered Taco Soup. Super easy and delicious. Serves about 10 comfortably, I think, but you could do a trial run. It's also great to make if you need to take a meal to another family for a new baby or something. You can cook once and feed your family and send the rest to the other family. You use a pound of ground meat (or a little more) and add 7 cans of beans and tomatoes and a packet of ranch powdered salad dressing. I will give you the recipe if you think it sounds like something you want to do.

Kathy 2:08 PM  

I love love the recipe can you email it to me?

Jessica 3:10 PM  

make a carrot cake like on jeni's website or make an italian cream cake for dessert. the I.C. is 1/2 boxed, 1/2 homemade, super easy to decorate and tastes GREAT! let me know if you want the recipe.
what if for an activity you did some sort of game like the 100 things list you made. like, everybody has to list 10 things that are unique about them and share it.
or you could play balderdash. we used to play that all the time and loved it.
or you could play twister. honestly.
hmm...need more ideas?
oh, and make sure you take a picture of everybody and email them a copy, along with a copy of the recipes you used that night.