With the help of Gretchen, I am done with the Mermaid Costume Project. I learned so much while doing this and enjoyed every minute of it. My seam ripper and I have become close friends. Most importantly Emma loves it!
Our CIO/Sr.VP over IT showed us the following video at a meeting today, the first part fits us as an IT organization and the second as part of an airline (it's some comedian on Conan O'Brian):
Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy
(the quality isn't all that great, but all of the higher quality versions were much longer, this is just the funny bits)
My computer crashed, Steve built me a new one. I guess we should be thankful because my old one lasted 6 years. I am so thankful for a husband who is so good with computers. I am enjoying have no issues with my new one.
We got rained out of our camp out. We were super sad so we went on a date instead. It was fun to spend time together and talk & laugh.
Saturday I went to girls night with Holly, Colleen & Katy my friends. We had the best time sewing, scrapbooking and chatting. I am thankful for good friends. I was thinking we have all been friends for almost 2 years. Thanks for the fun times Ladies!
I am loving my calling in Primary I hope I get to stay here for a really long time cause I really do love it. Sunday was a little crazy but it is all worth it when a sunbeam smiles at you cause they are happy to see you! Awe, it is the best.
Steve got a promotion and a raise. We are very proud of him and so happy!
I am about half way done sewing Emma's mermaid costume. She loves mermaid & can use it for her halloween costume. Mostly I am gaining so much experience with this project. I love sewing it is so rewarding to see pieces of material come together and "create" something.
I have been do ok with my goal to read my scriptures daily.
I also have been doing ok with my workout goals, ok not great.
Spencer has been especially happy and cranky lately, he is such a toddler. He is still biding his time while his last tooth erupts.
Emma is doing great in her playschool & gymnastics. Her behavior is improving!
5 Things I Was Doing 5 Years Ago:
1. Enjoying my newborn baby Emma.
2. Taking my baby to work with me as a Nanny for 3 girls.
3. Serving as Young Woman's President in Baton Rouge
4. Supporting my husband while he was in college.
5. Fixing up our old house
5 Things I'll Do Tonight:
- Cook dinner - it will be simple cause it is Sunday.
- read my scriptures (keeping with my goal to read everyday)
- read stories with the kids and put them to bed at 7:30
- call my grandmother who is recovering from surgery in a Nursing home
- Spend some time with my husband
5 Things I Would Do With a Million Dollars:
- Pay off student loan, mortgage, etc. - no more debt!
- Replace our 7 year old Honda Odyessy (although it's still running great, so I can't complain)
- Fund college savings accounts for the kids
- Take a trip to Hawaii and Europe
- Put the rest toward retirement
5 Places I Have Lived:
1. Mesquite, TX
3. Provo, UT
4. Baton Rouge, LA
5. Ft Worth, TX
5 Jobs I Have Had:
- Day Care Worker
- Front Desk and then Account Manager at Apple Orthodontix
- receptionist at Advanced Office Systems
- sales at Successories
5 Things I Want to Be Doing in 5 Years:
- Having another child or 2 by then.
- Have a loan or 2 paid off.
- Sewing so well that I need little or no help from others.
- Serving in the church and loving life.
- Preparing to go back to school if we have not had more kids by then.
I tag no one, I am sure most people have already done this.
Before the Party!
Mom & Spencer
Spencer waiting to hunt Easter eggs
Emma with her class mates.
Spencer & Emma & their eggs!