Longest 15 minutes ever


After we came home from the park today. I pulled into the garage and unlocked the door to the house and dropped off my purse and keys in the kitchen. I usually get Spencer out first and Emma is always last for the very reason I am about to tell you. But Spencer was sleeping and I thought if I get him last then maybe I can keep him asleep. Well, to no avail because Emma ran in the house and locked the garage door on us. So Spencer and I in the hot garage on a hot day and I am trying to coax my 2 year old to open the door. The only thing I hear on the other side is, "mommy you forgot your keys!" She tried a few times to open the door then .....silence. I am yelling her name, please open the door & a few other things. I am just imagining being locked out of the house all day and not knowing what to do. Well finally after the longest 15 min. ever she finally opens the door. As you can imagine she got in major trouble and I said you are taking a nap right now and in your own bed. You are not sleeping in our bed anymore. She fell asleep.......& here is proof. I am sure one day I will be able to laugh at this.

5 comments:

Lexi 9:31 AM  

I can't imagine how mad (and terrified!) you must have been. It's scary what kids can get into in just a few seconds. I'm glad she finally decided to open the door and that all of you were okay. She sure keeps you on your toes!

Kathy 12:36 PM  

if you only knew. Hahha

Cathi 1:56 PM  

David always said I was crazy to hide a spare key in our shed, but after reading your experience I'm so glad I did! If Ainsly ever does lock us out we will be able to get in. And I'm sure one day you'll look back and laugh about it!

Kathy 3:41 PM  

yes that same day I hid a key in the garage.

The Acosta Family 9:42 PM  

That is to funny! Since you cannot laugh about it right now, I will laugh for you. What are you going to do, there kids?! Frustrating, though.