Spencer & the Car Seat Struggle


This is a funny shot of Spencer. He is the sweetest baby ever. He puts up with so much from his loving big sister "Emma." He sleeps all night, most nights, and he is quick to smile. He loves watching what Emma is doing. He also loves jumping in his "Johny Jumper" that John & Lavonda got for us when Emma was born.

Spencer is 18 lbs & 4 oz, and so we had to get a new car seat because at 20 lbs he is going to be too big for the infant carrier. Have you ever tried to put a toddler size car seat in backwards? It is really hard and there is barely any room for it. It took Steve and I about an hour to get it in and we thought we finally had it in the best place etc until I actually put Spencer in it on Sunday morning and he cried the whole way to church and so I spent another 30 min after church with 2 kids screaming in the car trying to adjust it and get it to fit & lay right. Well after all that it fits good but I have to lean it way back because he can’t hold himself up right and it looked funny and wrong. Oh well it is the best I can do and the important thing is that it is snug and does not move around when I drive. Mission accomplished…I think.

0 comments: