Reading! Reading! Reading!

First of all I just wanted to let everyone know that I have an addiction. It is reading. Steve always laughs when I come home with a new book. He says I should finish reading the books I have before I get a new one. When he told me I could go anywhere I wanted to (as long as I took Spencer) I chose the bookstore. I picked up Les Mise'rables. I am going to start reading it as soon as I finish the three books I am reading right now. What can I say I love to read! I am not a fast reader like Steve (he is able to skim a book & still enjoy it.) Me, I just like to take it all in.....every single word. For me that is part of the fun.... Just to give you an idea I read about 1 book a week depending on the length.

Second, I love the book club we have going with a group of friends here in our area of LA. People have chosen some really interesting books and have opened me up to new things I might not have chosen on my own. I think it is important to explore & read different things as long as they are clean and uplift & inspire you in some way. When we move, if there is not a book club there I am going to start one. We have all really enjoyed ours!

Thirdly, I love reading with my children. Emma is 2 & she does enjoy our daily reading times. I can tell her attention span & understanding are increasing. She also enjoys the one on one time with mommy or daddy. Today when we read before nap time she said, "Mom, George is very, very Curious!" I just laughed, I have never heard her us that word before.


So finally, if anyone out there has a good book that they want to recommend to me, please do!
You will have to email me at kathyfowler17@yahoo.com since I don't think this is set up to reply to. So next time you are stressed take a load off and read!

0 comments: